Friday, November 23, 2012

Guided Journals and Literacy

I was "exploring the blogosphere" this summer when I came across the website GraceisOverrated.com.  Blogger Christine Zimmer has a great site where she posts ADORABLE hand lettered journaling pages that you can fill in and colour.
http://www.graceisoverrated.com/
I loved the site and ordered a pocket journal from her Etsy shop for me and my friend and partner in Education related crime (and actual crime if you count the time I called 911 on a boy I saw manhandling his girlfriend in a field a few years ago), Daniella Czudner.

http://www.graceisoverrated.com/


Now, Daniella is much more of a people person than I am and she e-mailed Christine to tell her how much we loved the journals.  Then, like every teacher, we started to talk about how great it would be to do an activity like this in the classroom.  With the support of our Principal and our Parent's Council, we are hosting Christine in a few weeks to do both student and teacher workshops on Guided Journaling.

I can't tell you how excited Daniella and I are.  You have to check out Christine's site; it is amazing.

I will be sure to post some pictures from the workshops.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liana,
    Thank you so much for your kind words and for all of your work behind the scenes to make this happen. I cannot wait to visit and spend a whole day talking about guided journaling!
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-12735425-6