Thursday, September 23, 2010

Back at it...

A new semester has started and I have been busy with my new classes and my return to my old school as Department Head there.  I am happy to be back at Holy Names, where the students still laugh at my jokes...

So, I am finally back online, preparing my digital classroom for the new year. 

My tech guru, my sensei of the virtual word, Doug, recommended that I switch my class wiki from Wetpaint to Google Sites.  He also showed me how to use hot spots (which are pretty decent, I must say).  If you are looking for a guru or sensei, check out Doug Sadler's blog & wiki.

It has been a very easy transition and I think the new digital classroom looks much better than the old wiki.  I guess my students will have to use it and decide if it is easy to use.  I think that will take some trial and error, just as my Wetpaint site did.  

I don't yet have an accessible network drop in my classroom, so I am going to have to put my goal of using an RSS feed or Twitter to provide frequent updates about my classes on hold.  I hope to have that resolved soon, so I can get on with my next steps into the brave new world of integrating Web 2.0 (or is it 3.0 now?) into the classroom.

My next goal is to get back in touch with my friends and family - so if you are reading, hang on... I will call soon.

If you are looking for something to read, find a copy of  a long way gone: memoirs of a child soldier.  It is a compelling read and I am just starting it with my ENG 4C1 class. 

Oh, and I just learned how add soundbites...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-12735425-6