Monday, May 13, 2013

My slideshare views

I just got an email from SlideShare. It is the site where I host some of the presentations I have made for my classes, both face to face and online. It allows you to add your own narration to a presentation so students can listen to your voice while they watch the slides. I guess it was my first foray into flipping my classroom. Well, check out how many times they have been viewed since I posted my first presentation a few years ago: Wow! That seems like a lot. 20956 views! The excess exclamation marks aside, the number of views show that the videos/slideshows are worth doing. Luckily, I am involved with a Tools2Go PLC initiative at my Board (thanks, Len). Tools2Go is our WECDSB Google + partition (is that how to describe it?). One of the things we can do is have students get a Youtube account under the umbrella of our Board. Also, I now have a Youtube channel and I am excited to make more videos using Youtube. Maybe 5 years from now, I will also have 20,000 views there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-12735425-6