Thursday, September 3, 2015

Back to Blogging & Transforming the Classroom Environment

I have set a goal to blog at least once a week about what has captured my imagination this school year.  I would like a record of what I see, try and do this year.  Here we go.

2015-2016
I will be the Literacy Support Teacher for 2 periods this year.  I am also teaching the First Nations, Métis and Inuit Studies classes at my school (NBE 3U and NDW 4M).  My new challenge is a year long GLE/ENG 1L class that I am teaching with my friend Daniella.  I have ideas for all three classes and these ideas will be the focus of my blog posts in the coming weeks.  I am also trying to finish the longest Master's Degree in Education in history (at least it feels like it to me).

My focus today will be changing and improving my classroom environment.  I spoke to my Principal in June about getting a few half circle tables and drew up a few diagrams.  I also spoke to another professional partner in crime, Melissa, about changing the classroom environment up.

My friend Daniella found this video and it is exactly what I had in mind.  She and I are going to try and scare up the resources to do this.  I NEED a genius bar with whiteboards at the back of my classroom.  I have been tossing around the idea of getting whiteboard walls for a while and now I see that it must be done!  This transformation is awesome.

Check out the video:


We will be contacting http://thethirdteacherplus.com/ to see if we can connect with them.  I smell a new TLLP (Teacher Learning and Leadership Program).

Well, that wasn't so hard.  Now, to keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-12735425-6